Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Apple Dumplings

Pin It Follow Me on PinterestI think by now, you all know how much I love dessert. So when I found this recipe, I just had to make it. The ingredients seem strange, but I guarantee it is delicious. You can't tell at all that there is Mountain Dew in the sauce. I think it would probably work just as well if you use any type of citrus soda, diet or regular. This is one of those simple recipes that you can bring to a potluck, and everyone will think you slaved all day. Your secret is safe with me ;) I hope you'll try this, I know you'll love it!

Apple Dumplings






Ingredients:


2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 1/2 cup sugar (I like to use half brown/half white)

1 cup butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 12 oz can Mountain Dew (I used diet)


Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices. Unroll the crescent roll dough, and roll each apple slice in one dough triangle. Pinch together the edges to make a bundle. Grease a baking dish, and line up the little bundles. Combine sugar, butter and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour this over the apple bundles. Pour the Mountain Dew over everything. Bake at 350 F for 35 to 45 minutes, until top is golden brown and crispy. Enjoy with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment