Thursday, April 19, 2012

Monkey Bread

Pin It Follow Me on Pinterest
When I heard about Monkey Bread, I knew I had to find a recipe for it. Caramelly rolls made from fridge biscuits? Yes, ma'am! As I hunted around the InterWeb, I found The Pioneer Woman. I guess a lot of people really like her recipes, so I thought I would give it a try. This recipe isn't actually hers, but a friend of hers. I guess I will try one of her own in the future. Anyways... I made a few changes to the recipe I found, but you can find the original here

Monkey Bread

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
Bundt Cake Pan (be sure it's a one piece pan, if it's two pieces, you will have burnt sugar and butter all over the bottom of the oven!)
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cans of Buttermilk Biscuits (the non-flaky ones)
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Preparation:

Preheat that oven to 350. Open up the cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Next, combine the 1 cup of regular sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon in a one gallon ziploc bag. 3 teaspoons makes for a very cinamonny bread, so it's up to you on how much to use. Drop all of the biscuit quarters into the cinnamon-sugar mix, along with the nuts. Once all the biscuit quarters and the nuts are in the bag, seal it and give it a vigorous shake. This will get all those pieces nicely coated with the cinnamon-sugar. You might have some excess sugar left over and that’s okay. Spread these nuggets and nuts out evenly in your Bundt pan. Next, melt the two sticks of butter together with 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Stir together over a medium-high heat until the butter and brown sugar are fully combined. Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, you can pour it over the biscuits. Bake this for about 30-40 minutes until the crust is a deep brown on top. Allow this to cool for about 15-30 minutes before turning it over onto a plate. If it doesn’t slide right down onto the plate, give it a few taps until it comes out. Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment